Environmental Health and Safety Policy
Committed To Operating in a Healthy, Safe and Environmentally Responsible Manner
- PROTECT the health and safety of our employees, contractors, communities and environment. This commitment includes meeting or exceeding all applicable laws, regulations and best industry practices;
- PREVENT accidents, injuries, illnesses and at-risk behaviors and practices that could lead to incident or near-hit exposure;
- RESPOND to emergency situations promptly and effectively.
Through all of our actions it must be evident that we are fully committed to protecting our greatest resource – the people of SandRidge Energy as well as our valued contractors and the general public. At SandRidge, it’s not just Safety First, it’s Safety ALWAYS!
Commitment & Principles
- Are good communicators who are approachable, receptive to other’s ideas and concerns, and effectively coach and train;
- Engage team involvement to improve processes in order to find the best way to safely be more efficient and productive;
- Understand, advocate and apply SandRidge policies and standards, frequently recognize and reward success and consistently correct non-compliance;
- Care for the welfare of each employee and every contractor and promote their success.
- Are passionately committed to the SandRidge Safety Standard and visibly demonstrate this commitment to each employee and every contractor through their personal involvement.
Essential Attitudes & Behaviors
Looking across the SandRidge organization, one thing is evident … our people are the key to our success. We work hard to create an atmosphere where everyone works together to accomplish something greater than we can accomplish individually. To do this, we employ, promote and reward employees and contractors who:
- Believe the SandRidge Safety Standard that safety is not some thing we do; it’s how we do every thing;
- Recognize that the only way everyone can be safe is for EVERYone to work safe;
- Take time to plan their work, identify potential hazards and proceed only when it is safe to do so;
- Freely and frequently communicate safety with everyone on the job site
- Treat co-workers like family;
- Respect all people in all situations and demonstrate this respect with their words and behaviors;
- Support a healthy, collaborative environment through coaching one another to improve performance.